British Geriatrics Society Spring Meeting 2016
ACC, Liverpool 11-13 May 2016
Click here to view the abstract book
Registration is closed as this event has occurred
The BGS Spring meeting will cover the latest scientific research and the best clinical practice in care of older people. Our ageing population is stimulating extensive NHS service redesign to deal with the challenge of caring for larger numbers of older people both in and out of hospitals. This conference will cover core areas of interest to all specialists responsible for the health care of older people in the United Kingdom.
Who should attend:
- Consultants and specialist doctors in geriatric medicine
- Researchers in geriatric medicine
- Doctors training in related specialties
- GPs wsi in Older People and GP trainees
- Nurses and allied health professionals
- Core medical trainees considering a career in geriatric medicine
- Understand more on the key areas & challenges faced in geriatric medicine
- Hear focused presentations on core areas of the geriatric medicine
- Present the latest scientific research to British Geriatrics Society members and elected officers
- Attend small, focused group workshop sessions
- Network & socialise with other healthcare professionals over 3 days
We have worked with Glasgow City Marketing Bureau to secure discounted hotel rates for the duration of the conference. These hotels are within close proximity to the SECC.The rates secured offer very flexible terms of amendments and cancellation. We understand that you might find cheaper rates by booking via a third party site however these rates may require full payment at the time of booking, may not include breakfast and may have strict cancellation terms. The booking deadline for accommodation via Glasgow City Marketing Bureau is the 11th October 2016 – after this the service is still available however hotel rates/availability cannot be guaranteed.
City Information Links
For information on Glasgow including how to get here, accommodation, things to do
If you are considering extending your stay in Glasgow, the following links might also be useful:
Special offers for delegates
Glasgow City Marketing Bureau have arranged a number of special offers for delegates including restaurants, tours and travel. You can find the full list of offers here
Glasgow Taxis offer for airport transfers
Discounted travel available for journeys between Glasgow Airport and City Centre with Glasgow Taxis: Pre-book your taxi by phoning +44 (0) 141 429 7070 using the following codes to get the discounted fare.
Code: CM7 (Glasgow Airport to City Centre) CM5 (City Centre to Glasgow Airport) Special fare £19, saving around £3 on the standard fare.
The SECC is within easy walking distance of the trendy Finnieston area, with a selection of unique restaurants and bars to explore. Insider tips on the area can be found here